Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Take that, you bitch

If I hear about one more friend with breast cancer, I'm gonna ... .

Well, here's a chance to bitch-slap that horrible disease. With a click on my creative headline, you can pledge Debby Godbout's walk in the Breast Cancer 3-Day. She's a friend of my friend Linda, who was diagnosed just before Christmas. This walk is dedicated to Linda, who is now our favorite perky bald chick.

Or, you can make a pledge to someone else or give a gift to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Do it to throw a "bon courage" to longtime Twin Cities journalist Kevyn Burger, who just learned she has breast cancer and is having a mastectomy on Saturday. Here's a special prayer, Kevyn.

Or do it to remember my friend and college classmate Mary Anne, who should be spending her time making the best caramels in Mendota Heights instead of finishing up chemo, or my favorite non-writing gossip columnist Katherine Kortz, who lost her long battle with breast cancer a few summers ago. I think of you, Kathe, whenever I see "your" tree blooming at St. Kate's.

Every dollar can help destroy breast cancer -- so our children and grandbabies don't have to deal with it anymore. There has to be a cure. We just haven't discovered it yet.

No comments: