Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh, what a beautiful morning ...

Today's grayed over with driving rain. Obama and McCain will duke it out on national television tonight, but I don't want to watch. Al Franken's coming to campus tomorrow, and the Colemanites are already whining to the media about it. (I hope they know you can't have a stick on a sign around here because then it becomes a weapon.) I'm afraid to open the quarterly statement for my retirement account. I haven't even made the house payment yet this month because business sucks so much. We're determined, however, not to become a statistic, so we trudge on. Pass the tuna casserole.

All day today, I've endured the students of the voice teacher downstairs. Lots of showtunes, over and over and over. "Oh, what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day. I've got a beautiful feeeee-ling! Ev'rything's goin' my way."

Yeah, right.

No comments: