Friday, June 8, 2007

I left my heart ...

Well, back to reality. Spent late last and early this week in San Francisco, home of great gastronomy, at least two seasons a day, and the ever-popular Lefty O'Doul's, a bar with limitless potential for inducing women to behave badly. I so enjoyed the Irish piano player and a few too many Irish ales at this SF eatery, but it was well worth it. I bounced back the next day for a great late lunch at the House of Nanking, a popular but not-to-be-missed dive in Chinatown. Other highlights: a trip to the wharf for some seafood, shoe-shopping and people-watching in Union Square, a sun-and-wine run up to the Napa and Alexander valleys on Sunday and a ferry to Sausalito on Monday, capped with a peak dining experience at Wolfgang Puck's Postrio. I left my heart (and my wallet) in the city by the bay.

Note to self: Next time, bring warmer clothes. In this city, there's really no need for air conditioning. In fact, the Kensington Park Hotel where we stayed didn't even have it. Speaking of the hotel, this was a nice, convenient one. Service was good and the price was right. I'd stay there again, but never during a heat wave.

No comments: