Friday, April 20, 2007

Whew, it's Friday

It's Friday, thank the dear Lord. What a week it's been: a national tragedy at Virginia Tech on Monday and the fallout of hypervigilance and edginess on all college campuses this week ... work coming out of my ears while we hang on, short staffed ... housework, laundry and ironing up to my butt ... stitches for my grandson last night when he tried to move a retaining wall with his head ... my husband madly scrambling to finish Daughter No. 1's house so they can move this weekend. Arrrrghgh!

But a lovely Thursday intervened. My daughter Emily treated me to dinner at her apartment last night, followed by a wonderful performance by Emily's boyfriend, Mathew, as Lancelot in the Chaska Valley Family Theater production of "Camelot." It's been awhile since I'd been to a community theater to see anything, but this has to be one of the hardest working casts and crews I've ever observed. They do 10 or more performances of this 3.5-hour extravaganza, and it was absolutely terrific. I always loved the music from "Camelot," even if the story is kinda sappy. But how can you not weep over "If Ever I Would Leave You"? Mathew out Goulet-ed Goulet. Really.

Enjoy a preview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlSsynGljqI

No comments: