Monday, April 2, 2007

Growl, piss and moan. It's Monday.

So. My co-editor at work, Patty, moved to another job within our department, leaving me two nincompoops to help me. (They're not nincompoops, I guess. They're just not Patty.) Anyway, so now I do two jobs, mine and hers, while we make the adjustment. Ugh. I will miss Patty greatly, as she's been like the left half of my brain for nearly 20 years. I spent more time with her than with my own husband, for heaven's sake. And we developed that "communication by intuition" style that often made the men in our department stare blankly and wonder what happened. Everyone should have a Patty on the job. Now I can't even afford to take a sick day (like I should have today.) Whine, whine, whine. There. I feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, it's like we always say: "every Mom needs a wife." Or, in your case, "every Bulletin editor needs a Patty." Bon courage ...